- Knocked close to 2,500 doors
- 50 volunteers
- Supported 4 unique Medicaid Expansion events
- Organized 4 volunteer-led canvasses
- Collected over 300 postcards in support of Medicaid Expansion
We came within a razor thin margin of getting the votes needed to allow debate on Medicaid Expansion. 24 votes were needed, and we got them, until Senator Alley changed his vote due to pressure from leadership. From here, the House attempted to block the budget until the Senate voted on Medicaid Expansion. A bipartisan coalition led a valiant effort in blocking the budget, but was ultimately defeated due to leadership twisting arms and making backroom deals with moderate legislators.
By proceeding with their obstructionism, Senator Susan Wagle and Jim Denning are letting 150,000 Kansans continue to go without life-saving health care.
- It is estimated that 627 Kansans will die in the next year due to not passing Medicaid Expansion
No doubt, we pushed the needle on Medicaid Expansion. Canvassing, calling legislators, rallies and community visibility with yard signs-- we turned up the heat, and all eyes shifted to the fight for Medicaid Expansion.
How the fight will continue:
- Emailing legislators
- Showing up to public forums where legislators are speaking-- ask about Medicaid Expansion
- Talking to your neighbors about Medicaid Expansion
- Gearing up for next legislative session